Students attending Bryan College of Health Sciences in an online environment will have access to library services that are of the same quality and standards as library services provided to students attending courses on-campus.
Use the 'Database' link in the 'FIND' box to access the databases available through the Library. Popular databases include Academic Search Premier (for General Education literature), CINAHL (for Nursing literature), PubMed (for clinical medical literature) and Wilson OmniFile (for General Education literature).
Typically, a window will open that will ask for your network ID and password. For databases which we get through the Nebraska Library Commission, you will need to enter your Nebraska driver’s license number or state ID number. If you have problems in logging into the electronic resources, please call the Library.
Use the "Journals' link in the 'FIND' box to access the BCHS Journals list. Enter the journal title to determine whether the Library has electronic access to the journal. If you are prompted for a log-in, use your network ID and password. Contact the Library if you need assistance.
INTERLIBRARY LOAN (ILL):
· Interlibrary Loan is the process used to request books or journal articles not owned by the Bryan Library.
· There is no charge to the student for receiving articles through ILL. The Library absorbs any ILL charges.
· The BCHS Library will request the articles or books from other libraries.
o Allow approximately 3-5 days to receive an article.
o Book requests may take 1-3 weeks from request to receipt, as the delivery process is much more time-consuming.
· Articles are delivered to the requestor via e-mail, as a PDF attachment.
· Requests from students for Interlibrary Loans will be processed during normal business hours (M-F, 7:30 am - 4 pm) and will be handled as "routine" requests. Sorry, but no "RUSH" requests will be processed for students.
· There are numerous ways in which to submit a request for an Interlibrary Loan:
o Use the Online ILL Form available from the Library homepage
o Call the Library (402-481-3965) with article details
o Email the Library (firstname.lastname@example.org) with article details
o Use an ILL request form linked from within the EBSCO databases
o Register with the Loansome Doc service available through PubMed (ask the Library for more details)
· Article requests made through the Bryan College of Health Sciences Library are governed by the Copyright Law of the U.S. (Title 17, USC). Anyone requesting materials through ILL must agree to the following statement:
Statement of Copyright Restrictions:
The copyright law of the U.S. (Title 17, USC) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish photocopies or other reproductions. One of the specified conditions is that the photocopy is not to be used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship, or research. If a user makes a request for, or later uses, a photocopy or other reproduction for purposes in excess of fair use, that user may be liable for copyright infringement. This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law. Requested photocopies may be subject to an additional copyright royalty fee.
Reference questions may also be e-mailed to the librarians.
Professional reference librarians are available 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (Monday - Friday). Contact a reference librarian for help answering reference questions or to get help in searching web-based databases or using the Library's collections.
You may e-mail reference questions to the librarian.
Jan Rice, Lead Reference & Instruction Librarian